Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Another Reason I Believe In Miracles...and the #1 Reason I'll Never Skydive

CNN gives the AP story of Shayna Richardson, a woman who survives a skydiving accident then, when in the hospital recovering, discovers she is pregnant. This story indeed is stunning. When I read about it on the metro this morning, I gasped.

Wolf Blitzer gets a Shayna interview in "THE SITUATION ROOM!"

I am facinated to hear this story once, and really glad she survived, but I feel badly for the baby who is going to have to hear this story her or his whole life... "Great, Mom! PLEASE! Tell me the 'my parachute gave out and we almost died, but that's how I found out I was pregnant with you, and you should be greatful we feed and clothe you' story for the 12-millionth time! I forgot about the first 11,999,999 times. Now can I please have the keys?"

Dear regular readers - sorry I've been lazy with my blog lately. As usual, I have plenty I could post - plenty that peeks my brain... but now with two jobs and no home internet, I'll have to temporarily hold off on my longer, more political postings and relegate my dear readers to the stunning or brief.

By the way, Shayna wants to skydive again!

WHAT IS SHE THINKING?

Chalk it up to miracle, have that baby, and take up another hobby... one that doesn't so directly endanger your life. Say... nitting? SuDoKu? Heck, even mountain biking, like the President. You're a baby-mamma now, girl!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?