Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Wish Justice Were Blind

Reading this morning of , and I can't help but think how wrong the death penalty is. Because of the redemption he had and the positive impact he made on so many, I feel putting him to death was simply the wrong thing to do.

My only hope is that something good will come out of his death. Perhaps more people will oppose the death penalty. Maybe more will mobilize to end it. Maybe it will become a cause for people like Snoop Dogg to take on. I hope Snoop uses his celebrity to raise public awareness of all the reasons the death penalty is wrong.

This is what I know for sure about the death penalty:

Hey everybody - if I am murdered, I do not want prosecutors to seek the death penalty for the murderer. I once signed a document saying so and put it with my will.

Coincidentally, this past weekend I saw the movie CAPOTE, and highly recommend it. It also depicts the death penalty. Philip Seymour Hoffman's talent shines in his portrayal of writer Truman Capote's way of getting the IN COLD BLOOD story. Go see this movie.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?