Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Russ Spinegold

Senator Russ Feingold had a spine when we desperately needed more folks in Washington to have one. He was the first U.S. Senator to consider troop withdrawals from Iraq, and his lone originating Patriot Act "no" vote seems prophetic now. I am glad to see Senate Democrats standing strong together on so many issues now, and admire the work they are doing, but Feingold was first.

Though liberals easily like Feingold, he remains politically viable because large numbers of swing-state Wisconsin independents voted for him and genuinely like him too.

Working in Wisconsin in 2004 enabled me to see what a man of character he is, so yesterday I added Senator Russ Feingold to my hero's list (see right-hand column.) I've been a strong John Edwards supporter, and remain so. But Chris Cillizza is right. Go, Russ, go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?