Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Like You, I've Been Thinking About Those West Virginia Miners All Day...

....so I wanted to pass on some information I'd remember working with last year at the UFCW about Worker's Memorial Day. It's astounding how many people die doing their jobs. I doubt this counts the members of the U.S. military, but I think of them a lot too. I'll be praying for all of them today. But, here you go, an interesting excerpt about a good tradition created at the AFL-CIO:

Decades of struggle by workers and their unions have resulted in
significant improvements in working conditions. But the toll of workplace
injuries, illnesses and deaths remains enormous. Each year more than 56,000
workers die from job injuries and illnesses and another 6 million are injured
. The unions of the AFL-CIO remember these workers on April 28, Workers Memorial Day.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?