Monday, January 09, 2006

One Deploying to Afghanistan; Another Bypassed for Larouche Supporter In Kentucky

This weekend I got two pieces of bad news about friends.

First, Staff Sgt Dana Christofferson is being deployed to Afghanistan in February. I am following lots of stories about our troops, but didn't realize we were still deploying them to Afghanistan. I told him I was happy it wasn't Iraq, and that Afghan food was tasty. I know it's still hard for him to leave, and thought that would make him laugh. Honestly, I pray for his safety. Feel free to post your well-wishes here, as he does read this blog. Yes, Dana and I dated this fall, and he is a good guy who enlisted to earn money to support his daughter and to recover from heavy student loan debt. Ironic that congress decided to cut student loan funding, isn't it? Sort of a back-door draft, ehu? Anyway, Dana would appreciate your well wishes.

Second, my dear friend Virginia Woodward, the woman who has been fighting for the 37th State Senate District seat in Kentucky for the past year, was by-passed in support of Perry Clark, a Lyndon LaRouche supporting wacko! Yes, it's true - party hacks in my home district of Louisville's South End chose a wacko over a decent woman. This fact isn't in his press clippings, but it's true. When I worked for Al Gore's campaign for President in Kentucky, Perry Clark filed to support LaRouche for President. I saw the signed affidavits myself. They absolutely chose the wrong person, and the decision represents everything I hate about politics. No wonder we lose elections in Kentucky.

Comments:
The truly sad thing is that the Democratic Party Powers That Be can't stand Virginia because she's too much of a maverick. Which is to say, she does her own thinking instead of letting Larry Clark do it for her.

But it's going to bite them in the butt. They're so dumb. Virginia will file for that seat -- as well she should. There will be a bloody primary, and the Democratic women who might have been split if the Democratic Party had nominated another woman will stand firm behind Virginia. And it will be the last time for quite a while -- if ever -- that they give any money or volunteer time for the party. Which is how the GOP will take that seat.

Nice going, Dems!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?