Sunday, August 06, 2006

Logan, Former Dem Staffer, 87th in World Series of Poker


Many of you know Ben Logan, my former housemate and former employee on the Wisconsin Democratic Coordinated Campaign in Milwaukee, so I thought I'd post some great news. Heading into day 5 of play, Ben is 38th in the chip count at the World Series of Poker Texas Hold 'Em Championship. If he loses right now with 169 players remaining, he is guaranteed no less than $47K. If he pulls out a win, he gets $7.5 Million. My guess is that he wins at least $100K as a rookie player, and that is huge.

I know, it's not strictly political. But I know many of my loyal readers are friends of Ben Logan's too, and would want to watch him progress in this world famous event. See this post from day two with his picture. I'll keep you posted - and I bet all y'all who are working on campaigns are going to call him to donate to your race! LOL.

Okay, now back to politics.



UPDATE
There are in fact 135 players remaining after the end of day 4 of play, out of 8773 entrants. Ben Logan is guaranteed $47K, no matter what happens from here on out. Ben now has a chip count of $430,000, and has fallen in the ranks to 80th in chip count. But he's at Jamie Gold's table, who leads the entire tournament with an almost $4Mill chip count.

Ben and the other 134 players begin day 5 of play today at Noon, Vegas time.

You can see a live update at this website: http://www.cardplayer.com/

UPDATE 6pm
Ben is now in the top 100, and will make $51K, regardless. He's #87 in chip count, and going strong.

FINAL UPDATE Proudly, Ben Logan comes in 87th out of 8774 entrants, giving him over $51K in winnings. Not shabby at all! Both my Dad and my friend Jeff said, "well, $10K a day isn't too bad a job to have!" I am so proud of you, Benji! Great job!

Comments:
A Democratic activist and a successful gambler? I think I have a new role model!
 
Way to go Ben!!
 
Ben Logan and I have been friends since we were three and four, respectively. Although I am not usually impressed by such things as televised gambling, I must say, his showing was pretty amazing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?