Saturday, September 16, 2006

HI-SEN: 7 Days to Save Peace-Loving Akaka from Lieber-Case

Cross-posted to my DailyKos Diary...

If you found your way to DailyKos and, therefore, my modest little diary today, you've probably heard that Senator Joe Lieberman lost the Democratic nomination in Connecticut to pro-Peace/Anti-Bush Ned Lamont. But did you know there's an ideological flip of that primary challenge in the progressive, blue state of Hawaii this year? THIS WEEK, in fact?

Senator Dan Akaka is in the fight of his life in Hawaii, and he needs our help. Dan Akaka voted against Bush's failed war, while Ed Case praised Rumsfeld, Bush, and their failed the war in Iraq. Ed Case is one of three fellow Democrats-in-name-only to stand by Joe Lieberman's independent run for Senate. Like Lieberman, Case is now actively seeking Republican votes. The Hawaii primary is an open one, and Republicans and Democrats can choose whatever ballot they want on Primary Election Day, September 23.

I'd been writing about this race in my occasional diary here this summer, wrote a few at mydd.com, and some more on my own humble little blog. I have a problem, though. I am not a well-known entity here in KosWorld, and garnering attention for this race has been Herculean to me.

I need your help. Unlike the forces for good which descended in Connecticut to aid Ned Lamont, we can't all carpool from our corners of the mainland to knock on doors for the good Senator Dan Akaka. I did make a modest donation on my actblue page, and I urge you to donate to him too.

Another key thing I need your help with is getting the word out and raising awareness. Please speak out on this race. Please tell others about the reverse Lamont/Lieberman situation Akaka is facing.

I am making a commitment right here, right now: I commit to writing a dairy a day about the reasons Akaka needs our support. Just seven more days until we can send Ed Case back to the beaches of Hawaii for good. Can you help me help Akaka? Let's work together to keep Akaka in the Senate.

If you are reading this far, can you do one more thing? Can you tell your friends about the Akaka race, too, and how it's a reverse Lamont/Lieberman situation? Please ask your friends to donate and blog as well. Thank you!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?